The current generation of children is way ahead in the field of technology than their parents.Some children use technology for learning; others may use it to call, send messages, watch videos, or play games with other places.
Children engage in many activities with their cell phones, if not monitored, can lead to safety concerns. Sexting, cyberbullying, watching X-rated videos can harm children.One way to control what kids do on their phones is to install apps to monitor children’s high-tech gadgets.
Most high-tech devices now come with built-in parental control software. These include content filtering and internet blockers.Parents generally only think about parental controls on their home computers. They do not realize that children can access the internet through other devices like iPods, cell phones, Xbox, PSPs, and others, and get in touch with people who are unknown to them.Parents can avoid the stress of having to deal with these issues by activating internet parental controls on the routers that they install in their houses.
There are several online programs like Be Safe Online, Net Nanny, Safe Eyes, and others that offer more safety than the ones built in the devices that children use.
The following should be noted:
1. PCs should be password protected.
2. Access to the internet should be allowed only when a parent is present at home, and Internet Parental control apps can help achieve it.
3. If you use a router to share internet access through the house, then set it up to restrict access to times when a parent is at home.
4. Privacy settings should be stable for all social networking apps.
5. The living room must be the only place where the internet can be accessed.
6. While visiting family or friends, parents must ensure that access to the internet is minimum and monitored.
Children are smart enough to hide their internet activity by deleting their history, cache, and cookies. Parental control apps will help you check these.
Other than the above, parents must enlighten the children about:
1. Children should never download music, videos, movies, and other such data from sites like Bit Torrent and Kazaa, which encourage piracy.
2. Personal data uploaded on social networking sites can be used by unknown people to stalk. Stalkers can also use Instant messaging apps and chat rooms to do the same.
Today, cell phones are much more like handheld computer devices. Children can carry out the same activities that they used to do PCs on Cell phones.With a change in the device, the problems do not change. They only get worse. Cell Phone Parental control can help parents monitor their kids’ phones, thus saving them from any unforeseen danger. Many cell phone carriers today also offer parental controls for cell phones. These can help parents locate their children in times of emergencies.Text messages too, can be monitored using cell phone parental control monitoring app.