Today, parents buy a smartphone for their teenage boy and/or girl and it becomes a necessity in the 21st century where people believe in “Knowledge is Power”. Teens have s special relationship with technology; in some cases, it’s much stronger than a parent-child relationship. They use smart phones and the Internet to complete the homework, assignments, manage social lives and other activities. As they use a smart phone for almost every activity and so, teens are at a high risk of being addicted to smart phones.
Are you a parent of a teen who owns a mobile phone? Yes, then you must know about the stats and facts about addiction towards the smart phone. To know how what’s smart phone addiction and warning signs for the same; read on.
A smartphone is not a bad invention but the wrong usage of it makes it worse. Like when you teen send most of the time on chatting, playing games, repeatedly checking apps and email than using it to complete the assignments & learning new things. It’s called a smart phone addiction and in medical terms, it’s a “nomophobia”.
Believe it or not, most teenagers face a high level of pressure and get nervous quickly when they leave the smart phone at home. It becomes extremely hard to start a conversion with your kid when he/she is continuously seeing on the screen.
Well, here are some symptoms and warning signs you must know about.
– Your teens avoid other activities and stick to their smartphones checking messages and playing games.
– Loss of thinking ability and use of a cellphone while driving.
– Changes in sleeping patterns
– Mood swings & irritates on small things
– Stop doing activities they once did it with joy.
– Remain anxious & fatigues
– Check the phone even if it is not vibrated or rung.
– Always worry about smart phone batteries
The above symptoms are what tell you that your teen has now become a smart phone-addicted.
– 52% of teens talk on the phone & 32% of teens text while driving a vehicle
– 25% of teens cannot resist replying to a message while driving
– 10+ teens die on each day just because of texting while driving and 21% of teen met with life-threatening accidents
– Around 60% of teens admit that they use the smart phone after bedtime.
– 21% of teens admit that they keep the notification on during sleeping hours and reply whenever they got a message.
– Around 65% of teens confess that they know smart phone affects negatively on their sleep but still can’t resist using it.
– 67% of teachers/professors find that teens are being distracted by the extreme use of smartphones
– 44% of teens use the mobile phone at the dining table or at family time
– 30% of parents & teens do argument about the usage of a smart phone.
In the 21st century, you can’t resist your teens not to use a smart phone. It’s no longer a luxury but a necessity. A lot of academic tasks have been done on the smart phone in a fraction of seconds. parental control mobile app is a good weapon to keep the online dangers away from your teens. Today, parental control app for a teenager of different types are available in the market to keep eye on particular social media apps or gaming apps.
Let your teens use the smartphone freely only for the academic and knowledge purpose with parental control app.